Wednesday, April 2, 2014

RSUPD

I will be designing an RSU logo and poster for this class. Here is my research thus far. Due: April 9th, 2014.











Fixed some proportional issues. 

And then I completely re-designed my logo to be more fierce. All of this is done with the pen tool I might add. The re-design was done because I was not happy with how my logo looked. I wasn't in the mood to design at the time, and my best work did not come out. So, I went for a different angle and a fiercer face.



After a brief critique, my professor helped me realize that the cat on the shield looks like a mounted dead cat. I am back to sketches. I am also well aware that I need to change my colors and add the police department information.




I switched the placement of the eye on the cat to be more forward looking. The next post the colors are all wrong, but i am experimenting with a circle and some vertical font treatments. 
I am now playing around with the best way to arrange the font on the right side. This may take some time because the letters are a bit awkward. I'm having trouble aligning them to the curve of the circle how I would like. I will of course be fixing the floating cat issue. 


I will change the font and the colors in the next screen shot.
I am using the Pantone Blue 288 and the Red 199, but the colors seem a bit off. I hope that when I print they will look correct. 
I am starting my poster. I will state again that I do not have the RSU font yet. 



I chose to go with a poster stating the RSU PD's motto and mission statement. 
After our critique, I changed up a few things. The font size and font style still need work. Flip the direction of the cat to read left to right. 

1 comment:

  1. You did a nice execution of cats, I'm curious what was the thought behind opting out of using the existing one? ( Please include an explanation of your conceptual thinking on this.) The assignment is a logo / symbol for RSU PD or RSU Campus Police with the phone number - I don't see a logo / symbol. Make sure this is complete before moving forward with the application. Since you've researched the emergency call button pole (and it desperately needs some design attention) I would encourage you to explore this in lieu of a poster. I would advise that you keep working / arranging the elements -- 100 drawings !- that include typeface explorations (for police or PD) that compliment the Runway RSU font. Make sure it's a logo and not a type treatment. I would suggest a review of b/w logos on brandsoftheworld before continuing on. Keep in mind the 2-color requirement - I see three. Onward!

    ReplyDelete